MapStore 2, ngeo, …
An overview of extensions,
plugins, libraries & frameworks
Marc Jansen / @selectoid
2017-08-16, FOSS4G, Boston, MA, USA
- About …
- Examples galore
- Overview … but likely incomplete
- Comparison? Apples and oranges!
- I am partly involved in development of some projects
- I'll try to be unbiased
- Non-scientific definitions
- Top-notch OpenSource GIS from Bonn, Germany
- Development, projects, support & teaching
- Consulting, implementation, planning & maintenance
- extension, plugin, add-on
- Focused addition, new feature
- multiple different additions, collection
- often built on top of 3rd party software, usually comes with a
paradigm / structure / pattern
Sometimes the boundaries are blurred and there is a fluid
- OpenLayers doesn't have everything
- What else is there on the market?
- There is a lot out there!
- Impact of decisions for own projects
- Integrations with your framework of choice?
- Chances are good!
- e.g. Ember.js / Meteor
- Some not-quite-up-to-date
- Some are more proof of concepts / examples
- There is a lot!
- A lot quality-wise, too!
- Can OpenLayers make it easier to create plugins etc.?
- Thanks to everyone involved in building sth. with OpenLayers
Questions & comments?