Discussion of the issue is available in Issue 60. To file comments on this proposal, please raise new issues for each discrete comment in GitHub.
The size of the target is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels for pointer inputs except when:
- A mechanism is available to change the size of the target independent of the level of page magnification.
- The target is available through an equivalent link or control on the same page that is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels.
- A particular presentation of target is essential to the information being conveyed.
- The target is a text link where the destination is on the same page.
- The target is in a block of text.
- Targets in groups of more than five have at least one dimension that is 44 pixels and the other is at least 22 pixels.
- User agent control
- The appearance of the target is determined by the user agent and is not modified by the author.
The exact parameters of the exception on grouped links are still under discussion by the Working Group.