Discussion of the issue is available in Issue 65. To file comments on this proposal, please raise new issues for each discrete comment in GitHub.
For single pointer activation, at least one of the following is true:
- Activation is on the up-event, either explicitly or implicitly as a platform's generic
- A mechanism is available that allows the user to choose the up-event as an option;
- Confirmation is provided, which can dismiss activation;
- Activation is reversible;
- Down-event activation event is essential and waiting for the up-event would invalidate the activity.