quanteda is an R package for quantitative text analysis developed by a team based at the LSE.
- quanteda stands for quantetative analysis of textual data
- The package offers a set of functions for quantitative text analysis
- Developed for high consistency and performance
- Many of the core functions are written in C++ with multi-threading
- Faster than other R packages (tm or tidytext) and even Python package (gensim)
- Works with Chinese, Japanese and Korean texts
- Used by leading political scientists in North America, Europe and Asia
- Analyze party manifestos, legislative speeches, news articles, social media etc.